On this page you’ll find
No deposit bonuses and how to find them
No deposit bonuses are one of our favourite types of casino bonuses. If you’re not familiar with them and how they work, we’ve put together this guide for you. At CasinoComparison, we’re big fans of casinos and casino bonuses. We like to help players like you find the best casinos and bonuses because we know how important they are when it comes to playing online.
If you’d like to find out more about no deposit bonuses and where to find them, read on for our full guide.
What is a no deposit bonus?
A no deposit bonus is exactly what its name describes. Basically, for most casino bonuses, you’ll need to make a deposit first to collect the bonus cash. For no deposit bonuses, however, you’ll just need to sign up, and your account will automatically be credited with the offer. This type of bonus is usually found as a welcome offer, which you’ll receive when you sign up to a new online casino for the first time.
For obvious reasons, no deposit bonuses are very popular amongst casino players, and it can sometimes be rare to find casinos that offer them. Luckily, here at CasinoComparison, we make it our job to discover the best bonuses. If you want to find the best no deposit casinos, make sure you check out our site regularly where we’ll help you stay up to date with the best bonuses.
Why do casinos offer no deposit bonuses?
Online casinos advertise no deposit bonuses as a way to attract new players to their site. A casino is nothing without its players, and with so many top online casinos out there, sites are in a lot of competition with each other over players.
A no deposit bonus is a very enticing reward that players can obtain with minimal effort. It’s perfect for new players because of how easy it is to collect. It’s also those who have never visited an online casino before because it gives players a way to try out games and the casino experience with absolutely no risk.
In some cases, casinos also use no deposit bonuses as a way to bring back players who have left the site or to convince current players to try out some of the new games. Whatever the reason for offering them, we know that no deposit bonuses are usually the best bonus you can find at an online casino.
What makes a good online casino no deposit bonus?
Of course, just like any casino bonus, most no deposit bonuses come with terms and conditions. There are good bonuses and no so good bonuses out there, so we always check the terms and conditions thoroughly before including any bonus on our site.
When checking no deposit bonuses, we look at the following criteria to decide whether the bonus is worth it or not:
- Wagering Requirements – A wagering requirement tells you how many times you’ll need to wager the bonus cash before you can withdraw it and any winnings. All casinos will feature some kind of wagering requirement as otherwise, players could just sign up, collect their free cash and leave.For no deposit bonuses, wagering requirements are sometimes higher than other types of bonus. The number of times you’ll need to wager the bonus will really depend on the casino, however. Wagering requirements can be anywhere between 10x and 50x.The wagering requirement of the bonus will always be clearly stated in the terms of the bonus on the casino website. You’ll also be able to find out any details of the wagering requirements in the casino review here on our site.In some cases, you’ll also discover that not all games count equally towards the wagering requirements. Often, table games will count as a smaller percentage towards the total wagering number, so again, make sure to look out for this in the terms and conditions.
- Time Limits – Most casinos will only ever offer no deposit bonuses that are time-sensitive. This means that once you’ve signed up and your bonus is in your account, you’ll have to use it within a certain amount of time before it expires.If the bonus has wagering requirements, you’ll also need to meet the requirements before the time limit has expired. This is why you should always check that the terms of the bonus are reasonable before you sign up. Some casinos may pair a high wagering requirement with a short time limit, making it very difficult to obtain the cash offer.As long as you meet the full terms before the time expires, the full bonus and any winnings you obtained will then be free for you to use or withdraw if you wish. Time limits vary by casino from a few hours to thirty days. Generally, the bigger the bonus, the shorter the time you’ll have to complete the terms, so bigger bonuses are not always better.
- Game Limitations – Often you’ll find that your bonus can’t be used at any game on the site. Often, the casino will be using the bonus to promote a certain game, or they may just want to increase the number of players at slot games, for example. Generally, slot games have a lower RTP rate than table games, so a lot of online casinos will try to encourage you to play slots over other games that pay out better. If the casino does place limits on which games the bonus can be used for, this will always be stated in the terms and conditions. We’ll also mention it here on our site. You’ll find all the details in our review of the casino or when talking about the bonus. Bear in mind that wagering requirements are also different for some games. Slots will typically count fully towards the wagering requirements whereas table or live casino games will only partially count towards it.
- Winning Cap – At some casinos, the no deposit bonus will come with a winning cap. This means that you’ll only be able to win a certain amount with the bonus. Any winnings over that amount won’t count, and you won’t receive them in your account. Depending on the casino, you’ll see different winning caps, from $100 to more than $500. It really depends on which online casino you’re using. Obviously, the bigger the maximum winning cap, the better as it means you’ll be able to win more.If you’re worried about whether your bonus has a winning cap or not, check out the terms and conditions as it will always be included there. We also make sure to tell you of any winning caps on our review of the site or its bonus.
- Other Terms and Conditions – It’s rare, but occasionally you may find some other restrictions on your bonus too. At CasinoComparison, we know that reading the terms and conditions is usually pretty dull, but it is important to thoroughly read it before signing up for the bonus. The last thing you want is to miss out on potential cash due to not reading it. We also make sure to let you know of any details or restrictions that the bonus includes. Preferably, a good bonus should have as few restrictions as possible, but we understand why it is that casinos include them.
Types of no deposit bonuses
When it comes to no deposit bonuses, you’ll find more than one type being offered at online casinos. Each type will usually have to be unlocked in a different way or may have a different set of terms and conditions. Here are some of the main types you’ll encounter online:
No deposit welcome bonus
This is usually the most common type of no deposit bonus. Almost every online casino offers some kind of offer for new players who are signing up for the first time. Known as a welcome bonus, this offer can only be collected once per person and sometimes features a no deposit bonus.
For this type of no deposit bonus, simply sign up as a new player and the bonus cash will be added to your account. As the name suggests, there’s no need to make a deposit. Some welcome bonuses will offer a no deposit bonus and a matched deposit bonus too, so make sure you check the terms and conditions to ensure you don’t miss out.
For some sites, you may need to enter a special bonus code when you sign up to qualify for the offer. Check out our bonus page for the latest bonus codes, updated regularly, and more details of the best no deposit welcome bonuses.
Existing player no deposit bonus
While no deposit bonuses are usually used to entice new players to sign up, they can also be used by online casinos to reward existing players. If you’ve signed up to receive offers by email from your casino, you may sometimes be rewarded with a no deposit bonus.
These types of bonuses are also often used by online casinos to encourage players to return to the casino after they’ve been away for a while. If you take some time off from the casino, you may find a no deposit bonus in your email inbox after a few weeks. If you don’t want to receive these kinds of offers, you can always unsubscribe.
Free cash bonus
This is another name given to the no deposit bonus. You’ll find all the latest free cash bonuses on our no deposit bonus page. They work in exactly the same way as the no deposit bonus in most cases, just make sure to check the terms as they’ll often include wagering requirements.
Card details no deposit bonus
While no deposit bonuses don’t require you to make a deposit, some sites will require you to at least confirm your payment details first. This is just a precaution that sites take to make sure that players don’t abuse their bonuses. Don’t worry, you won’t be charged, you can still pick up your bonus and play without any risk.
How do no deposit bonuses work?
If you’re new to the world of online casinos or have never picked up a casino bonus before, no deposit bonuses might seem confusing at first. They’re actually pretty simple once you know how they work. All you have to do is find a casino that offers a no deposit bonus. Then sign up for a new account and the bonus is all yours.
Here’s a quick rundown of how no deposit bonus work:
- Find a casino that offers a no deposit bonus. You can check out our online casino reviews or take a look at our best casino bonus page
- Sign up for an account. If this is a new player bonus, make sure you don’t already have an account with the site as it will exclude you from qualifying for the bonus.
- The cash will be credited to your account. From here, you can use it to play casino games risk-free and hopefully land some wins.
- Make sure you’re aware of the wagering requirements and the time limit, otherwise you could lose the bonus and any winnings.
Where to find the best no deposit bonuses?
Finding a good bonus that ticks all the boxes can sometimes be a challenge. We know that sometimes a bonus can look great, but you’ll discover later that there are loads of complicated restrictions.
At CasinoComparison, we make it our mission to find the very best online casino bonuses. We’re constantly on the lookout for the best bonuses, including no deposit bonuses. We add all the best offers that we find to our site, which is regularly updated and includes the latest bonus codes.
You can discover loads of great bonuses here at CasinoComparison, including no deposit bonuses that will let you play the best casino games risk-free! Best of all, we read through all the terms and conditions, so you won’t have to. If a bonus is featured on our site, it’s because it offers great value and is easy to obtain.
Claiming your no deposit bonus
Claiming a no deposit bonus is easier than you might think. Follow these simple steps to get your hands on your bonus and begin your online casino adventure:
- Sign up to the site being sure to add the bonus code if needed. If you’re unsure whether the bonus needs code or not, double-check with the bonus terms here on our site. Some casinos will also require you to check a box, opting into the bonus.
- Add your payment details if needed. While no deposit bonuses don’t require you to make a deposit, some sites will ask that you provide payment details before you can receive the offer.
- Your bonus will now be automatically added to your account. You can use it however you like, just be sure to check the terms and conditions to see if there are restrictions on which games it can be used on.
If you followed all these instructions and the bonus still hasn’t appeared in your account, check in with the customer support team.
Is it really free bonus cash?
While it’s certainly free in the sense that you don’t need to deposit anything to collect it, a no deposit bonus won’t let you just cash out straight away. Before you withdraw the bonus and any winnings you might have made from it, you’ll have to complete the wagering requirement.
The wagering requirement is the amount you’ll need to wager the bonus before it can be cashed out. Almost every no deposit bonus you’ll come across will have a wagering requirement as otherwise a player could just sign up, collect the bonus and then cash it out.
For example, if you have a $20 no deposit bonus and the casino tells you that the wagering requirement is 20x, the amount you’ll have to wager on games is $400. After you’ve completed the wagering requirement, you’ll then be able to withdraw the bonus, plus any cash that you might have won while using the bonus.
While wagering requirements can be restrictive, once they’re complete, the bonus is all yours, and it’s totally free.
Things to be aware of before claiming your no deposit bonus
Before signing up to claim your bonus, make sure all the terms are clear. Even if a bonus seems good at first, it may not be worth signing up for if it has complicated restrictions and terms. Here are a few of the things you should look at for and check before signing up:
Is the bonus available in your country?
A lot of casino sites have bonuses specific to certain countries. This might be because the site is trying to increase its player base from particular countries. Before you sign up, check our site to make sure that the bonus is available in your country. This information should also be included in the terms and conditions on the casino’s website. If you’re still not sure, you can always ask the casino’s customer support team.
Is there a maximum winning amount?
Some online casinos place restrictions on the amount you can win using the no deposit bonus. This means that unfortunately if you win $200 and the maximum winning amount is $100, you’ll only get to keep $100 of those winnings. If a casino has this kind of max winning restriction on their bonus, we’ll mention it in our review. Make sure you check the terms of each bonus too, just so you can be sure.
Does the bonus have wagering requirements?
A wagering requirement is something that a lot of casino bonuses have. It means that before being able to cash out the bonus, you’ll have to wager it and any winnings a certain number of times. Most sites feature wagering requirements of around 20-35 times. Occasionally you’ll see wagering requirements higher than this and unless you’re a serious and experienced player you should stay away from bonuses with large wagering requirements
Are there restrictions on which games count towards wagering requirements?
Most casinos will allow you to use your bonus on any games you like. Some, however, will place restrictions on which games count towards wagering requirements. You might see sites that don’t count any wagers on table games like poker or blackjack. Some sites may only count a percentage of wagering at these games.
For example, you might see that table games only count for 50% of the wagering requirements whilst slots count for 100%. If you only play slots this isn’t as much of an issue, but if you enjoy playing classic casino games this will obviously make the bonus less valuable for you.
Is there a time limit on the bonus?
You’ll often see that bonuses will expire after a certain amount of time if wagering conditions aren’t met. Depending on the site, you could have between 7 and 30 days to meet the wagering conditions before your bonus, and any winnings from it expire. Of course, the longer the time limit the better, otherwise, you’ll have to be quick in using the bonus up to get to keep any of the cash.
Is it possible to claim multiple bonuses?
Unfortunately, welcome bonuses are only allowed to be collected once per player. If you’re signing up to receive a no deposit bonus, you won’t be able to claim another one later on. Making a new account to try to claim multiple bonuses is against the rules of any online casino and you could have your accounts frozen and your funds were taken by the casino.